Lizbeth has joined Sounder to help us build a team of the brightest in audio technology and develop our remote culture to be one of the best companies to work at in the world. See our open careers listing.
Hello, I’m Lizbeth Gonzalez, a Dominican Republic native living in Boston. I’ve had the privilege of working in Talent Acquisition & Human Resources for the past five years now.
Before joining Sounder, I supported full-cycle diversity recruitment at Spotify, mainly focusing on Backend and Hybrid engineering roles. I have also worked within Boston University’s Human Resources department, assisting in almost all areas of Talent Acquisition and HR.
1. Why did you choose to join Sounder?
I am excited about the future of podcasting and audio intelligence, and I know that Sounder will be an indispensable part of that future!
2. Tell us a bit about your role on the team.
I will be recruiting and hiring diverse talent for Sounder while collaborating with the rest of the leadership team to create and emphasize Sounder’s culture and values.
3. What podcasts are you streaming lately? Why do you like them?
I am a true crime super fan. You can always find me searching for true crime documentaries and podcasts in my free time. As for Unbreakable Latina, this podcast is something I can relate to & unwind to, makes me feel understood in areas where I didn’t think that could happen.
4. What’s an interesting fact about you most people don’t know?
I’m a mom of a sassy two-year-old little girl.
5. Who’s a podcaster or thought leader you admire today? Why?
At the moment, it would have to be Melina, the host of Unbreakable Latinas, because she, like many others, is creating a safe space to speak on Mental health, Careers, Family, Immigration, and other essential topics.
6. What career accomplishment are you most proud of?
Getting this Job at Sounder!
8. Go-to karaoke song?
Believe – Cher
9. What’s your favorite way to spend your free time?
Exploring new places around the city to eat with my family
10. What’s your favorite trip you’ve been on?
Accra, Ghana. I visited in 2017 and can’t wait to return someday!
11. If you could have a superpower, which would you choose?
Teleportation to easily travel the world & avoid traffic.
12. What’s something still on your bucket list?
One thing that’s high on my bucket list would have to be traveling to Asia.
We’re excited to have Lizbeth join the team and help us become the best team and company we can be!
Follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with Sounder and key messages.